MHCA Marketing & Communications Coordinator
The Manitoba Heavy Construction Association (MHCA) Marketing & Communications Coordinator plays an integral support role to the President and management team in developing and implementing marketing and communications campaigns (print/electronic/social media) and as a key support to our member and industry relations activities.
The successful applicant will have a passion for marketing and communications and a demonstrated proficiency in: layout and design; excellent writing and proofreading skills; ability to think creatively and to problem-solve independently; strong inter-personal skills; and be a proven team player. Applicants should have experience in marketing and a related post-secondary college diploma or university degree.
The MANITOBA HEAVY CONSTRUCTION ASSOCIATION
The MHCA is a respected advocate representing the heavy construction industry in Manitoba. It is membership-driven, led by its Chair and a Board of Directors. It has 400+ members from heavy construction (roads, bridges, sewer and water) companies and related supply fields.
The MHCA vision statement challenges it to promote economic growth through sustained and strategic investment in infrastructure managed in a manner consistent with the public best interests. It champions safe industry workplace practices through its WORKSAFELY™ Program.
The MHCA engages extensively with public- and private-sector organizations, all levels of government, the media and general public.
- Working with and reporting directly to the MHCA Policy and Communications Manager, the Director of WORKSAFELY™ and the Events Manager to provide strategic and innovative recommendations to the management team in marketing and communications to strengthen the MHCA presence, profile and impact
- Supporting and extending the reach of WORKSAFELY™ programs and course offerings
- Maximizing the reach of social media networks and website
- Designing, producing and distributing MHCA and WORKSAFELY™ materials and publications, including Heavy News Weekly, Membership Directory and annual report
- Managing social media platforms, website and event-based presentations
- Ensuring MHCA and WORKSAFELY™ brand presentation consistency in all areas
- In-house and events photography, as required
- Dynamic, interactive, detail oriented, team player who can work independently or under minimal supervision
- Proficiency in website management; Adobe Create Suite (Bridge, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator); a thorough understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and/or demonstrated abilities in related computer programs and software
- Excellent written, editing, proofreading and verbal communications skills
- Strong project management/organizational skills; ability to multi-task; work well under pressure;
- Innovative in the use of marketing, promotion and communications/social media platforms
- Solid understanding of marketing theory and practice, including branding strategies, promotional tactics
This is a full-time, permanent position with competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and benefits. Please email your resume and cover letter to Catherine Mitchell, MHCA Policy and Communications Manager, at Catherine@mhca.mb.ca
Closing: 4 pm, February 2, 2018.