Founded in 1943, The Manitoba Heavy Construction Association (MHCA) is the recognized voice of the heavy construction industry in Manitoba. Guided by our vision and mandate, we promote sustainable municipal infrastructure development, sustained investment in core infrastructure, and seamless, multi-modal transportation systems. The MHCA also runs two core safety programs: WORKSAFELY™ and WORKFORCE.
Learn more about MHCA by reading our President’s message.
- Did you miss the February 7th BOLD Radio ‘Infrastructure remains high priority’ segment on CJOB 680? Click here to listen!
- John Law, President of Lawmark International Consulting, was the Keynote Speaker at our recent Building on Advantage event – see what he had to say here!
- MHCA President Chris Lorenc responds to the proposed 2015 City of Winnipeg Operating Budget, 2015 Capital Budget and 5-Year Forecast – read the Association’s full response and disposition here!
- BuildForce Canada released a report that covers the 2015-2024 key highlights of Construction & Maintenance in Manitoba: Looking Forward -check it out here!
- IHS Global Inc. released its annual report on Transportation Infrastructure Investment – take a look at industry’s contributions to the Federal Highway and Mass Transit Program here!
- WORKSAFELY e-COR™ has officially arrived – click here to view our official promo video here!
- MIT released the order and summary of the 2015 Spring Road Restrictions – click to view the results here!
- Last Week Tonight does a special segment on the importance (and underlining cinematic drama) behind infrastructure – take a look at this gripping newscast and cinematic trailer here!
- Canada West Foundation shares valuable facts regarding infrastructure and economic prosperity with At the Intersection and Building on Advantage – take a look here!
- EXPO North is returning to Thompson and is better than ever – see how it can benefit you here!
- MHCA President Chris Lorenc connects the dots between infrastructure investments and economic prosperity in his presentation to the Association of Consulting Engineers of Manitoba (ACEC) – see what he had to say here!
- MHCA President Chris Lorenc clarifies how snow removal practices are done in Manitoba – click here to learn more!
- Manitoba Government Announces Infrastructure Innovations Council Members, November 28, 201
- Click here to listen to the November 15, 2014 BOLD Radio broadcast with Chris Lorenc discussing MHCA’s Infrastructure Investment strategy and the launch of the SAFE Roads Winter Campaign!
- Click here to listen to MHCA President Chris Lorenc on CJOB discussing “Fix My Infrastructure”!
- To view the Manitoba Infrastructure and Transportation is pleased to announce the release the 2015 Advertising Schedule for Construction Tenders and Material Supply Tenders – Click here!
- MHCA President Chris Lorenc gave Keynote speech at the Manitoba Chamber MBiz Breakfast Series on October 1, 2014 – See what he had to say here!
- To learn more about CentrePort Canada and its notable achievements for the year of 2014, click here!
- Mayoral candidates need long-term plan for infrastructure, published in the Winnipeg Free Press August 25, 2014
- From the August 5, 2014 edition of the Winnipeg Free Press – MHCA Op Ed: Big-picture leadership should be mayoral candidates’ aspiration
- Beyond Shovel Ready Brookings Report July 2014 Download it here!
- New Relationships: A New Order A balanced approach to funding municipal infrastructure in Manitoba Download it here!
- Heavy Civil COO (CHIEF OPERATING OFFICERS) Report – June 2104 Download it here!
- Civil Infrastructure Council Report – June 2014 Download it here!