Founded in 1943, The Manitoba Heavy Construction Association (MHCA) is the recognized voice of the heavy construction industry in Manitoba. Guided by our vision and mandate, we promote sustainable municipal infrastructure development, sustained investment in core infrastructure, and seamless, multi-modal transportation systems. The MHCA also runs and supports the WORKSAFELY Education and Training program.
Learn more about MHCA by reading our President’s message.
TOP NEWS REPORTS
- Chris Lorenc addressed Mayor Bowman and the members of Winnipeg City Council regarding the 2018 budget on December 12. Click here to read
- Chris Lorenc addressed the Manitoba Chamber of Commerce on November 22 at their Ministers’ Dinner. Click here to read what he had to say
- Colleen Munro, president of Hugh Munro Construction Ltd. and a former MHCA Board Chair, partnered with MCSC and Berens River First Nation to help mentor and train residents at Berens River for jobs locally in heavy construction. Click here to view the 2015 video
- MHCA President, Chris Lorenc, attended the City of Winnipeg’s Civic Leaders Dinner on November 16. Click here to read his presentation
- Please be advised that the Manitoba Government permit office will be temporarily closed on Monday, November 20, 2017, from 10:00 to 10:30 a.m. – see notice
- Contract awarded for south perimeter highway functional design including St. Norbert bypass – Gov. of Manitoba
- Mayor Bowman to Emphasize Importance of Free Trade. Click here to read the media release
- Province begins consultations on project labour agreements. Click here to read the news report
- Road closures in Souris, MB on Oct. 30. Click here for full details
- Manitoba Infrastructure has released its 2018 Spring road restrictions. View them here and here
- Finance Minister Friesen responds to Chris Lorenc’ request to eradicate reprisal and local preference clauses in public tenders – Click here for more
- The MHCA cautions Winnipeg councilors not to give preference to local companies – Click here to read more
- Road to zero: Manitoba road safety plan 2017-2020
- CCA joins coalition for small business tax fairness. Click here to read the full letter
- MHCA is a title sponsor at Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce title event with city government. – Click here to read move about the event.
- There will be a detour on PTH 13 starting August 28. Click here for more information or to see a map of the detour
- Manitoba and Interlake Reserves Tribal Council Sign Consultation Agreement. Click here to read.
- Province announces new water and wastewater projects for Manitoba municipalities. Click here to read.
- Government Funding Supports Local Infrastructure Projects in Manitoba’s Smaller Communities. Click here for more
- Goal to Increase Trade and Transportation Efficiency – Click here to read the News Release from the Manitoba Government, August 01, 2017
- Liberals tap former RBC exec to be chairwoman of infrastructure bank.